Video Translation Services
With the exponential growth of digital video content set to continue – by 2018, video content will account for 80% of all consumer based web traffic – there’s little wonder why marketeers are increasingly focusing their time and budgets on publishing video across the web and social media.
However, when it comes to targeting multiple international territories and demographics, creating original content for each market just isn’t feasible. Step forward video translation…
Video Translation Options
As opposed to commissioning unique video content for each market, video translation is a cost effective option for publishers to localise their existing content for global markets. There are two ways to translate your video content: voice overs and subtitles.
Video Translation with Subtitles
Subtitles are a versatile, cost efficient means of localising existing video content for an international audience. No matter whether you have a short corporate video or a multimillion pound Guy Richie production, like Ted Baker, subtitles are a great way to localise for international markets.
Whether you opt for Closed Caption subtitles (subtitles that you can turn on and off) or Open Captions (permanent ‘burned in’ subtitles which cannot be turned off), in addition to the video translation benefits, there are some serious digital marketing advantages too.
The Benefits of Video Translation with Subtitles:
- Cost effective – prices start from £125
- Save 50% on the costs of Voice Over production
- Hear the original soundtrack
- Boost video SEO by as much as 40%
- Fulfil accessibility obligations for the hearing impaired
- Increased social media engagement by as much 12%
- Agile by nature, subtitles allow audiences to consume video content on the move with the audio muted
- Allows audiences, of different languages, to watch the same content without the need to publish separate videos.
To find out more about video translation through subtitles, view our subtitle services, or get in touch to find out more:
Video Translation with Voice Overs
An authentic, native, voice over is a great way for video publishers to resonate with their target demographic.
With 70 percent of customers preferring to buy goods and services that are sold in their own language, a local language voice over can dramatically boost the ROI of video content. What’s more – in addition to the spoken words of the script – the cadence, tone, melody and emotion of a native voice over can make a video’s message all the more emotive by striking a connection with the audience.
The Benefits of Video Translation with Voice Overs:
- Resonate your video’s message with your target language
- Connect with your audience on a level that transcends subtitles
- Project a positive brand image with an authentic tone
- Increase accessibility
- Appreciate cultural preferences – Eastern European countries, traditionally, prefer voice overs to subtitles
Break down language barriers and reach a global audience by translating your video content
Working on Guy Richie’s ‘Mission Impeccable’ campaign for Ted Baker, VoiceBox translated the original series of English video content into eight languages – Korean, German, French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish and Japanese.
In addition to allowing Ted Baker to target their growth markets, the multilingual closed captions also boosted the video SEO of Ted Baker’s videos. Since going live, in September 2016, the videos have racked up over 5 million YouTube views and counting.
Got a Video Translation Project?
Get in touch via our quick contact form and we’ll get straight back to you.
Alternatively, call our video translation team on 01792 450979