Expand your audience reach and boost your video content online with expert closed caption services
Here at VoiceBox, we offer expert closed caption services. Using professional language experts, we guarantee excellence and accuracy in all our video closed captioning projects.
Our video captioning services are also available in over 220 languages. Using only native speakers, our quality service allows you to break into new markets and make your online video content more engaging and successful.
What is closed captioning?
Closed captioning is the process of displaying textual forms of spoken content in videos. Closed captions were developed to help those with hearing impairments to hear spoken content in film and television.
Today, closed captioning services have adapted to also include video content on social media. The text in closed captions typically runs along the bottom of the video screen.
What is the difference between subtitles and closed captions?
The main difference between subtitles and closed captions is that subtitles were intended for viewers who can’t understand the language spoken in the video, whereas closed caption services are used to communicate with the deaf or hard-of-hearing communities.
Closed captions typically include relevant audio as well as dialogue, such as traffic in the distance, laughter, or off-screen noises such as clang of dishes in the kitchen. Subtitles don’t include this additional content.
Why do I need closed captions?
Not only are broadcasters and satellite television services required by law to provide closed captioning for 100% of all new, non-exempt, English language video programming, there are also plenty of benefits that using closed caption services can bring about for your business.
- Expand your reach and increase accessibility and inclusivity
Over 6% of people worldwide rely on closed captioning to experience sound. By including video closed captioning, you’re communicating with these 466 million people, meaning that you’re increasing accessibility, as well as expanding your market reach.
- Break language barriers
Video captioning services also allow you to communicate with foreign deaf and hard-of-hearing communities. Using closed caption services that also offer translation and subtitling services, means that you can translate your closed captions into many different languages, and again expand your audience.
- Increase engagement on videos
Video closed captioning no longer just includes TV and film. Videos are becoming ever-more popular on social media sites, and it’s been found that captioned content receives 40% more views than videos that aren’t captioned.
- Boost SEO
As well as increasing engagement, video closed captioning boosts SEO by as much as 40%. Video content can only rank online based on its text attributes, which previously only included the video’s title and description.
However, with video captioning services, marketers are able to boost their content, as the closed captions will also be ranked.
How do I get closed captioning?
Working with us is easy – receiving your video closed captioning project happens in just six simple steps:
- You either provide us with a completed script or a video on its own which we can then transcribe.
- That script is then uploaded onto our industry-leading subtitling software.
- Time codes are inserted, and the audio is synced to the on-screen text.
- We rewatch the video to proofread the captions, ensuring all spellings and grammar are correct.
- We check the video again to guarantee all captions are timed accurately.
- Your project is concluded.
Why we’re different
We want to help you and your business succeed. Whether you need closed captions to increase your accessibility or are aiming to boost your SEO, we’re here to help you.
Here’s three reasons why our closed caption services offer excellence every time:
- We are versatile: Working with a team of multilingual subtitlers who can work in over 200 languages, we provide closed caption services for businesses and audiences all over the world.
- We are collaborative: We work closely with our clients to guarantee customer satisfaction and always ensure your video closed captioning projects are completed on-time and on-budget.
- We are flexible: Understanding the unpredictable and demanding world of content creation, we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver high-quality video captioning services to a quick turnover.
We have a 98% customer satisfaction rate for our full range of services, and our delivery on closed captioning is no exception.
Using only experienced and native speakers, we guarantee high quality, professional and competitively priced closed caption services every time.
Want to know how our services can benefit your business?
Contact us to discuss your requirements.